MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE CROQUETTE
Return to recipes
- 4 mussels & white wine croquettes “De Kroketterie”
- 800g mussels
- Fine mirepoix of carrots, onion, celery and leek
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1/2 glass white wine
- 40g mashed potatoes
- 20g bread croutons
- 1dl mussel cooking liquid
- 1dl fish fumet
- 0,5dl cream
- 20gr butter
- salt and pepper
- 0.5dl whipped cream with one teaspoon finely chopped garden herbs and the juice of 1/2 lime, grated zest of 1/2 lime (organic lime).
- Prepare the mussels in the traditional way, take the mussels out of the shells and keep the shells to one side.
- Cut the vegetables finely to form a mirepoix and keep to one side.
- Strain the mussel liquid and heat along with the fish fumet and half of the cream.
- Bind the sauce with the roux and add the vegetables. Stir in the butter and the herbs with salt and pepper.
- Mix the whipped cream with the garden herbs and add the lime juice and zest, herbs with salt and pepper.
- Deep fry the mussels & white wine croquettes (175°C 7 – 8 mins)
- Cut open the top of the croquette using small scissors (just as you would with a lightly boiled egg).
- Take a large deep dish. Arrange a spoonful of mashed potatoes on the edge of the plate and put the mussel croquette on top of it.
- Separate the mussels into 4 portions and put one portion into the dish.
- Mix the vegetables in the velouté and pour one large spoonful of velouté over the dish.
- Using a teaspoon, add little clouds of herb cream (3 – 5 mini clouds) across the dish.
- Sprinkle the plate with bread croutons and garnish, if you wish, with a few halved cherry tomatoes which were briefly heated beforehand.