Game croquette, Cox apple compote, cream of chestnut with a cranberry vinaigrette
- 8 Game croquettes (if an appetiser) or 16 (if main course)
- 4 apples
- ½ lemon
- 50g sugar
- White pepper, black pepper, salt
- 50g cranberries
- 60g sugar
- Cream of chestnuts:
- 100g mashed potatoes
- 100g chestnut puree
- 50g butter
- 25g game stock
- 20g chopped chestnuts
- Oak leaf lettuce
Peel and finely slice three apples. Cook together with the sugar to make a compote. Leave it to cool and add a little lemon juice.
- Chop the last apple into uneven pieces (about 1.5 cm by 1.5 cm) and leave to soak in lemon water to avoid discolouring.
- Vinaigrette: bring the cranberries and sugar to the boil and then allow to reduce for about five minutes
- Chestnut Cream: mix the mashed potatoes with the chestnut purée, add the butter and the game stock and mix to obtain a creamy consistency (tip: if too dry add a little cream). Season with white pepper and salt.
- Bake the game croquette for 7 mins at 175 °C
- Draw a thick line across the middle of the plate with the chestnut cream and place the game croquette on top of a little oak leaf salad arranged decoratively.
- On the other side of the chestnut cream add some dollops of compote and drizzle the vinaigrette on the side of the salad.
- Garnish with some finely chopped chestnuts and chives. Finally add the marinated apple and season with ground black pepper (one good twist of the mill).
× Tip: with a tasty game or rabbit dish, fish suits the delicious luxury almond croquette perfectly!
Return to recipes